About the business and the role
Allied Express is Australia’s largest privately owned courier and express freight transport company. With operations in all capital cities, our business provides courier, taxi truck, local and national distribution services to some of the biggest and most well-known companies in Australia.
This is an excellent opportunity with a national transport company processing weekly payroll for its Australian operations. The role is split 50/50 between helping to manage the payrolls and administration paperwork for HR/Worker’s compensation.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Prepare all administration paperwork for Workers Compensation claims and act as the liaison between insurer, rehab provider, injured worker, NTD and employer.
- Prepare employment contracts and all HR related documents.
- Send out monthly probation lists and letters.
- Maintain COVID vaccine register, employee VEVO checks and immigration records.
- Process weekly timesheets into greentree, new starters and wage adjustments.
- Maintain Contractor Driver Super portal & internal system with fund details, arrange Stapled requests with ATO and monthly payment.
- Create timesheets for the weekly office pays.
- Preparation of superannuation files for payment.
The requirements are:
- Ideally you have 1 years’ experience in a similar role or finance role looking exposure to payroll. Any recent graduates with no experience will also be considered.
- An ability to work in an autonomous role
- Excel & Word skills essential
- Well organized, detail orientated
- A good communicator with a perfect command of written & verbal English
The position reports to the Payroll Manager and works closely with the Finance team to provide an outstanding payroll service to the Company.
Applications should include a CV and a covering letter. The covering letter is the applicant’s opportunity to demonstrate a match with the essential selection criteria. Regrettably, only those applicants closely matching the essential criteria will be contacted.
Salary is negotiable based on experience.
"*" indicates required fields