Allied Express are one of Australia’s largest express transport businesses, commencing operations in 1978. We offer a broad range of express transport solutions under the one roof from metropolitan courier and taxi trucks, to intra and interstate road and air services, with storage and pick pack warehousing facilities, supported by leading edge technology, strong operational expertise and focused customer service.
We sprint rather than walk, with a great culture, based on team interaction and knowledge sharing to get the job done!
As we move into a new and exciting stage in our growth strategy, we are looking to bolster our ranks with industry sales professionals. Specifically, we are seeking experience in overnight express transport. Your industry experience will help you hit the ground running as you quickly establish connections through your existing industry network and experience.
Reporting in to the State Sales Manager, the primary responsibility of this role is to grow revenue by finding and introducing new business to achieve your sales goals. You will work autonomously but also as part of the state sales team.
• Achieve new business targets
• Identify new prospective customers
• Develop solutions and strategies to close new business for each opportunity
• Identify and introduce new market segments to the business
• Uphold company culture and high standards
• Maintain and report pipeline/closed activity
Qualifications & experience
• Previous sales experience in Transport / Logistics
• At least 5 years in business development/sales
• A self-motivated “hunter” who enjoys the buzz of hunting, discovering and closing new business
• Strong listening and negotiation skills
• Ability to clearly report own activity, pipeline and results
• Constant willingness to develop
"*" indicates required fields